I am having so much fun these days. I am seizing the opportunity to travel and have more fun! How blessed am I! Oh, what a weekend. It was supreme. Abby, Katie, and I made the trek to Huntsville for the long weekend. It was wonderful! We watched the Tide win a game, spent a day on the lake, went shopping, had a cookout, and got free chicken from The Chicken. Could it have been more fun?! I was so happy with the Bama game. The win could have been, in part, due to Katie, my mom, and I all purchasing the same Bama t-shirt at Bama Fever early Saturday afternoon in preparation for the season kick-off. Clearly, we brought good luck to the game. My dad should be nominated as the best kabob maker ever--seriously. Friday evening we arrived to my house only to smell the scent of kabobs on the grill. They were stuffed with chicken, steak, shrimp, and veggies. Scrumptious! Saturday, after a morning of nothing but sleep and bacon eatin', we went shopping for fun things. I scored some great jewelry and the aforementioned Roll Tide shirt. Sunday was the best day at the lake since forever. We took Abby swimming and let her learn how to jump off of the dock by herself. It was adorable, really. We rode around in the boat for the afternoon, sunning and taking an occasional needed dip in the lake. Saturday night, we'd had a fish fry with the crappie I caught earlier in the spring. They were delicious. Today was free chicken day, so we swung by The Chicken on the way back and picked up our free chick-n-strips and an added treat: a vanilla milkshake. Yumm. So, the weekend was a success: lake, chicken, shopping, great company, a fish fry, and a win for the Tide. I'm just now cracking my neuroscience book to read for class..
On a side note, I am craving chinese from my old neighborhood of Bluff Park. Just puttin' this out there, but if anyone else feels the same way, let's get New China asap. I miss it soo much since the move to this far, far away land!




No comments:
Post a Comment