Wednesday, September 17, 2008

"Whatever's out there waiting for me, I'm gonna face it will-ing-ly.."




Waiting for the weekend...I am so excited about the weekend. This first week of clinic has been entirely exhausting. For those of you who don't know what I mean by "the first week of clinic," I am referring to my first week of working as a graduate clinician in my graduate program at the university's speech and hearing center. Eeeek! It's crazy to think that I am actually working one-on-one with clients. It is such a pleasure (an exhausting and stressful pleasure, that is) to be working with children on their language skills. Good thing I am enjoying it so far...it is, indeed, what I plan to spend my life doing (if having children and being a mother doesn't work out so well, that is...which at this point, it appears that getting this master's is definitely in my favor..). Wonderful. I'm excited about the weekend, in part, because my family is coming down to visit. It's been long awaited for my dad to take a peep in my tool shed to see if the opossum is still residing there. I believe Abby and I saw it sneak out the back gate of the yard this afternoon, but I'm not sure that it was the opossum because we were standing in the kitchen looking out the glass doors. If it was the opossum, I fear for us all. Also, Friday will probably be a pretty sweet day. I don't have any clients to see, so I'll be doing homework at school all day and going to class. Late Friday afternoon, I am getting my haircut. That makes me pretty happy.

Abby turned one today. I surprised her with some presents--a couple of new toys, a blankie, a collar (as I'm transitioning her from a harness to a "big girl collar"), a new jacket, and some yummy little chewies. We're having a little party for her this weekend, as well. The dog is ruined. I know this.

Finally, I would just like to say how much I am looking forward to...well, everything! I am enjoying my master's program tremendously (that may change after next week's neurology test..), loving having so much time to spend with my friends, and really enjoying having this lovely house (minus mowing the grass every week and cleaning a bigger space). Things are working well for me. It's a good time...it's almost fall time...that's my favorite time.

If you don't know of Joss Stone's song "Right to be Wrong," you might ought to give it a listen:

"I've got a right to be wrong
My mistakes will make me strong
I'm stepping out into the great unknown
I'm feeling wings though I've never flown
Got a mind of my own
I'm flesh and blood to the bone
I'm not made of stone

Got a right to be wrong
So just leave me alone
I've got a right to be wrong
I've been held down too long
I've got to break
I can finally breathe
Got THE right to be wrong
Got to sing my own song
I might be singing out of key
But it sure feels good to me
Got a right to be wrong
So just leave me alone

You're entitled to your opinion
But it's really my decision
I can't turn back I'm on a mission
If you care don't you dare blur my vision
Let me be all that I can be
Don't smother me with negativity
Whatever's out there waiting for me
I'm going to face it willingly

I've got a right to be wrong
My mistakes will make me strong
I'm stepping out into the great unknown
I'm feeling wings though I've never flown
I've got a mind of my own
Flesh and blood to the bone
See, I'm not made of stone
I've got a right to be wrong
So just leave me alone"

No comments: