Thursday, September 11, 2008

Opossum..

I had a confrontation with a opossum. Things were going great with the whole having a house situation until yesterday when I went out to my tool shed to get out the mower, leaf blower, and broom to do my yard work. As I opened the door, something scrambled. I quickly closed the door, ran and jumped on my swing and screamed for my neighbor over the fence. After working up some courage, I re-opened the shed door and the critter was no where to be found. I guess it escaped when I wasn't watching. It was a giant opossum. I mean, about the size of Abby. My neighbors on either side have spotted it in their yards recently, as well. Is that not just concerning? Well, now I am afraid to let Abby out without me being out there, too. Eeeek! I have also recently had a chameleon run inside as I opened my glass door on the front of the house. I was going out to water the flower beds. The little lizard guy ran into the house and played a game of chase with Abby before heading straight up my full-length curtains. I had to pick the fella up with my hand and toss him outside. Ewww. I don't know what's going on around here. It's kind of becoming a jungle!

Aside from those happenings, graduate school is so busy! Clinic starts Monday. Everyone is overwhelmed with therapy planning. The weekend will be welcomed with a gathering of friends for movie night, a french themed Coco Channel party, and going to see The Women, which is premiering this weekend. We need the fun...let me tell ya..

Why things are really GrEaT right NOW:
1. Not to dwell on this, but...fall is coming. In fact, it's been in the high 60s when I walk Abby in the mornings.
2. Roll Tide! It's football season.
3. Spending more time with friends.
4. Graduate school is kind of fun...even the classes.
5. I love this neighborhood. And town.
6. I have been enjoying going to church with Amanda.
7. Abby is about to turn 1.

No comments: