Saturday, September 27, 2008

All is well ?

Blair and I at the Coco Cohort Party



After the second week of clinic, I'm not sure how to answer the above stated question. Ha. It's been a reallllllly long and difficult week for us all, I presume. After having my first week of full clinic (which means two clients coming twice per week), I am worn out. Doing clinic isn't nearly as hard as planning for it--and we'll all attest to that!

Nevertheless, it's been a good week. I am still here, so that is one to list on the pros side. It was great to get out last night. Anna and I grabbed the most delicious Chinese food ever from the New China in Bluff Park (my old Hoover neighborhood). I've missed it too much since moving far, far from there midways through the summer. However, my new neighborhood has far too many perks for it to be a great concern, but I do have to make the trip to The China a few times a month! Dependency, you think? Today is going to be really exciting. Amanda and I are finally seeing the movie "The Women" and I deeply suspect that I will get some genuine enjoyment out of that one, if you know what I mean! Love it! Hopefully, we'll follow the movie with dinner..

On the subject of the debate last night: Go out there in November and "Barack the Vote!" Woot.

I got to thinking, it's almost time for a really spontaneous adventure. By planning to take a spontaneous adventure, one might suspect that takes the spontaneity out of it, but oh contrare...it can still be crazy. Fall break is coming up, after all...

Good things that happened this week:
1. Starbucks began serving their fall drinks (namely, the pumpkin spice latte)
2. The weather cooled off so much that I needed a light jacket to walk Abby at her routine 5:30 a.m. time slot
3. I got a sassy haircut, which would make any week go from okay to great
4. I think most of my cohort survived clinic
5. Ate at New China
6. Whatever happens today and tonight

No comments: