Saturday, October 4, 2008

Letting go of the life I planned for me (and loving it!)

Roll Tide! The Tide beat Kentucky today. I watched the game at Amanda's. She's on her way to my place now for our weekly spend-the-night before church. Speaking of church, I am so excited about that! It is such a great feeling to go into that place each time and feel revived with the love of Christ.

General wrap-up of the week:
Things went well this week. I'm enjoying clinic and classes. I'm probably a tiny bit better at the classes part, but am getting more comfortable doing clinic and think it'll all level out soon. Thursday night was so fun. Anna and I took Julie out for dinner and drinks for her birthday! It was the perfect Thursday night. Today I enjoyed some fall weather while shopping, a great football game, and a good pizza with my favorite friend! I might have some homework to catch up on tomorrow...

If you haven't heard "I'm Letting Go" by Francesca Battistelli, you should!

My heart beats, standing on the edge
But my feet have finally left the ledge
Like an acrobat
There’s no turning back

I’m letting go
Of the life I planned for me
And my dreams
Losing control
Of my destiny
Feels like I’m falling and that’s what it’s like to believe

So I’m letting go
This is a giant leap of faith
Trusting and trying to embrace
The fear of the unknown
Beyond my comfort zone

I’m letting go
Of the life I planned for me
And my dreams
Losing control
Of my destiny
Feels like I’m falling and that’s what it’s like to believe

So I’m letting go
Giving in to your gravity
Knowing You are holding me
I’m not afraid
Feels like I’m falling and that’s what it’s like to believe
Feels like I’m falling and this is the life for me

*I totally advise following the advice in these lyrics!

No comments: