I'm always wishing away the week by Wednesday. Can't wait until the weekend--this one in particular. My good friend from Atlanta is coming to visit, so that should make for a fun time to catch up. I'm looking forward to visiting on the patio [over a bottle of wine], chatting about life, and getting some shopping done. It will be fantastic. It's a shame to wish away such a fun week as this one could be, but by Wednesday I am just so ready to go without a schedule! Unfortunately, the dog does not feel the same...so I am always on her schedule. This summer I have wished away more time that ever, but I really have enjoyed working as a nanny this summer. It has been so much fun to go to the pool and do ten-year-old projects and live in the dramatic world of two ten-year-olds. Most frequently I find myself reminiscing my early summers, trying to pinpoint what I did each summer of my life, and imagining what I will do in the summers to come--knowing that there won't be another one like this--just wondering how things will continue to change and being amazed by the path this life has taken. More than likely, I'll be working in the coming summers, as the kids I nanny for often remind me that this is the "last summer of my childhood," as they know that I'll be taking classes next summer and finishing my master's coursework that following fall. Haha, I think, the last summer of my childhood, but in so many ways, it really is that final summer. So, it is what it is and, come what may, it will be what God wills it be. That was rather nostalgic and, indeed, it was vague. How unlike me...
Favorite foods (in honor of my Ruby Tuesday's dinner tonight with Katie):
1. THE chicken #1 add cheese with sweet tea
2. Cinnamon waffles
3. Salad with italian dressing
4. Strawberries
5. Sorbet (raspberry, namely)
6. Pasta (anything)
7. Steak and shrimp
Wednesday, July 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment