Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Listening to the rain


It's late (by my standards for a week night) and raining. Yes, I get that it is only in the 10 o'clock hour, but I am usually sleeping by now! I have two days off work and I always love time off work because I get to be on my own schedule. How fun. Tomorrow will be filled with groceries and errands. Oh, how I love a good, long Publix run and lingering in shops here and there--it ought to make for a nice day. My family is planning to make it down for the weekend, so I am counting on my dad helping finish my landscaping. Unfortunately, laying grass (and keeping it alive) is not my strength in this world, though all of my flowers are still making it fine since my planting the other week. Jon and Kate + 8 is on right now. I don't even know what comes on at this time of night. Wild.

Things I Want to do ONE [distant] Day:

1. Backpack across some place
2. Take another cruise...and another...
3. Work on [and potentially earn] my PhD.
4. And, [in conflict with the previous] work part-time or no-time [to fulfill the following].
5. Have a family of my own, including children--a houseful would suit.
6. Move to South Carolina (It's a lovely state. Been much?)
7. Get another puppy...Abby needs a sister. I'd like to have a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel...

No comments: