I get that it's only nearing mid-July, but fall is coming. Autumn is my favorite time of year. Good things happen in the fall, the air is crisp, leaves are colorful and crunchy, chimneys start up, and the Tide takes the field. I also like the general principle of Autumn: trees shed their leaves to expect new ones in the spring...it's a preparation time for what will be..love it. There just isn't anything I like more than fall weather. Summertime is great, but if I'm not near water at every moment, I'm not satisfied. It's hot--sticky hot. Sticky, humid hot. Thankfully, I glisten in the sunlight, like all of you other women. Being on the lake in the boat reeling in a bass or lounging on the dock relaxes me. And the food! Oh, summer food on the grill...pineapple, peppers, and the like on kabobs. Still, I welcome that crisp, fresh air...
This year I will welcome it with the start of my regular two-year graduate program at Montevallo where I am earning my master's in speech-language pathology, not such a far cry from my bachelor's in English, eh? I am seizing control of my future and studying what will make, for me, a very satisfying career (in which I intend to work part-time..shh!). Last year I was a part of the graduate program for this year (if that makes sense) as a non-background student. Basically, I took about nine or ten courses that are most necessary for success in the master's program. That caught me up from having no academic background in SLP to feeling, well, moderately knowledgable about SLP. Grand--so it seems.
Well, I have concerns for the fall and here they are (knowing already how much I enjoy lists...and crossing items off of them in the future..):
1. Preparing for clinic
2. Succeeding in clinic
3. Being a good clinician
4. Studying enough
5. Having a solid background for the new material
6. Not being overwhelmed
Monday, July 14, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment